Winter Birding Trip (21st ~25th November)
: Birding in early winter of East Asia
Post-ABF Birding tour (21st ~25th November)
Ulsan - Junam reservoir - Wupo - Geum river - Seosan - Cheorwon - Han river - Seoul
- Whooper Swan
- Tundra Bean Goose
- Taiga Bean Goose
- Mandarin Duck
- Baikal Teal
- Scaly-sided Merganser
- Oriental Stork
- Eurasian Spoonbill
- White-tailed Eagle
- Steller's Sea Eagle
- Cinereous Vulture
- White-naped Crane
- Hooded Crane
- Red-crowned Crane
- Vinous-throated Parrotbill
- This trip is designed to enjoy highlight in the beginning winter of East Asia.
- We will go birding from Ulsan (the venue of ABF) to Seoul.
- Experienced leader will guide and drive 4WD Van (7 passenger car).
- This trip will cover the most of famous wintering habitat in South Korea.
Ulsan - The venue of ABF. The biggest habitat of Rook and Jackdaw in East Asia.
Junam reservoir - The biggest wintering birds habitat in south east area of Korea
ome to numerous endangered, threatened and rare species including many kinds of wintering birds.
Geum River Estuary - One of top 5 birding site in Korea. We will focus on Baikal teals in this area. They make big group in Korea in winter. The number is over 500,000 Sometimes. If we are lucky, we can meet one of the greatest moment in the world.
Seosan Cheonsu Bay - Cheonsu-Bay is the most attractive birdwatching site for wintering birds. It's located in West coast of Chungcheong province. There is the hugest rice field filled with hundreds of thousands of geese and ducks. Oriental Stork, Eurasian Spoonbill and many kinds of raptors.
Cheorwon - Cheorwon is famous for the best crane-watching site in East Asia. Cheorwon is very close to DMZ, so a local guide will help us to get into Civilian Control Line and core points. If we are lucky, we can meet more than 5 different crane species. One of the biggest wintering habitat for Cinereous Vultures.
Cheorwon - We can see cranes and geese waking up together in calm lake.
Han river - The upper class of Han River is one of the most popular place for Steller's sea eagle, Scaly-sided merganser and Whooper swan in Korea. Though this place is close to Seoul, it's really amazing to see many kinds of common winter birds.
Group size : Minimum for tour to go ahead 2 and maximum 5 with 1 leader.
- If you have any question, please e-mail us(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If your group is more than 2, we can arrange birding trip like this only for you. Please e-mail us to ask availability.